Depression in Teens – Different Signs of Teen Depression
Nowadays, a large number of teens experience depression. It is so frightening to know how many of them are affected by this problem. If not taken cared of properly, then this can greatly affect their lives. This can strike to any person around the globe. Often, parents and friends will only notice this problem after it has become large already. This is the saddest part about this epidemic. What you should do now is to learn about the issue. Once you know something about this, then there is a big possibility that you can solve the problem as early as possible.
This article will help you know the early signs of depression in order for you to know if your children are having it already. This is very important to take note since if not corrected early, this can be very dangerous for them.
1. If you notice that your teen change mood or appetite suddenly, then that can be an early sign of depression. However, you should also take note that this can also happen to children entering into adolescent. Still, it is advisable to talk to them to know if there is a problem.
2. The next thing you should take note is when they lost their interest in performing the things they love. Take note when you noticed they have lost the interest, and be alarmed when it is few months ago. For instance, they love horseback riding but suddenly stopped from the last few months.
3. You have to be aware that traumatic situations are one of the reasons why teens get depressed. This traumatic experiences can include death or separation of parents. Teens often blame themselves for situations like these.
4. When you notice that they don’t show you some emotions, then there is sure something wrong with them. Something is sure bothering them when they don’t seem to be happy at great things. Even if there is not big happening or traumatic experience, depression can still come.
5. If you find them withdrawing away themselves from the people they usually go out with, then there is sure a depression. Depressed teens just want to make their own world. Not all teens want to stay alone and this condition should be taken seriously.
You should always bear in mind that depression among teens is very serious. If not helped, this can be a life threatening. If you are watching or reading news, then you know that there are already several teens who end up harmed because depression overrules their life. There is also a high chance that your teens will end up the same if you neglect the problem.
If one of your teens is experiencing the problem, then make sure to have them treated. Your doctor can sure give you valuable advices on how to help teens suffering from depression. Also, you can sure get recommendations regarding the specialist you should visit.